Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cooking in Cortona


One of the really fun things we did at the Cortona workshops was a cooking demo and dinner following with my dear Cortonese friends, Denyse and Ivan. We traveled up an extremely curvey mountain road to arrive, I was green by the time I got there, but Denyse told me to eat bread to settle my stomach and I was fine.
Denyse and Ivan making pasta
Pomodori (tomatoes) for the pasta sauce
Brad (Sally Jean's husband)showed unbelievable fluidity when jumping into the cooking, he that went back and forth
between cooking like a pro and then taking amazing photographs of the food. I set about copying his photo techniques and got some good ones.
Brad at work


My Brad-inspired arty food shots
Ivan takes out the fresh focaccia we made with flour, egg, olive oil and rosemary. To die for!
I love it when Denyse laughs!
Cindy and Milliande, having a great time, they don't eat wheat, so
they were out of luck on this meal. They made the most of it with their parsley platters:)
Thanks you guys, youwere such good sports!
To say the least, we had a great time, and one of the best meals I have ever eaten! Stay tuned for shots from the following week's cooking class.


3 comments:

Paul or Chris said...

Loved, LOVED, LOVED that moment!!!!
What a great meal too!

Please post a group photo Stace on your next blog.

Remember me? Miss 10 euro camera?
I don't have a group shot!
Thanks a bunch!

Christina

Stacey said...

Thanks Christina-
Remember how green we were on the ride up?
I dont have a group photo!!!
But I will be posting more!

ox-stace

Rochelle said...

Hi Stacey
I still remember this fantastic meal.....such a fun night and such gracious hosts! Loved having the meal on the outdoor patio - it just made the night!
Ooh how I wish I were back there now as we have had an endless dumping of snow out here! Anyways, hope your Christmas was "blessed" and that you rung in the New Year in style! All the best to you in 2009!
Rochelle